Our experienced family law attorneys understand the unique concerns of our professional clients who are approaching divorce. Depending on the nature of their professions, their unique business interests can make property division extra-challenging.
In addition to the usual problems related to family relationships and personal finances, our clients who are doctors, lawyers, accountants and architects also worry about their professional practices. They are rightfully concerned about mitigating damage to their reputations, counteracting bad publicity as necessary, and preventing damage to their professional practices.
Established Family Law Firm In Pasadena · Asset Protection In Divorce · Attorneys Have Ample Experience Representing Professionals
Divorce for a practicing professional is not a matter for a less-experienced lawyer. The founding attorneys at Kearney | Baker are certified in family law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. They have more than 60 years of combined experience assisting professional individuals through the difficult process of divorce. Our Pasadena, California, law firm can adeptly address issues of divorce that affect many professionals, including:
- Valuation of a professional practice for property division purposes
- Determination of self-employment income that takes into account the operating expenses unique to a professional practice (such as medical malpractice insurance)
- For employed professionals such as executives, fair consideration of “extra” income, including bonuses and deferred compensation
- Fair consideration of appropriate levels of alimony and/or child support
- Fair consideration of the impact of economic trends on the ultimate value of a professional practice
- Protection of reputation in light of false accusations
- Damage control in the face of negative publicity that can harm a professional practice
How To Fairly Account For Unique Aspects Of Business Interests? We Are Here To Help Professionals Going Through Divorce
Once you — a professional facing divorce — are ready to put our Pasadena lawyers’ knowledge to work for you, contact us to schedule a consultation.